Recent growth in the future pipeline of relationships and project opportunities for Public Sector Plc has resulted in the creation of a new role within the business to provide executive assistant support to the Senior Leadership Team.
Reporting to the CFO, the Executive Assistant will work across the team providing a broad range of administrative tasks related to commercial activity and data management.
The successful applicant for this role will possess demonstrable experience as a Personal or Executive Assistant with the ability to operate as a self-starter and work to deadlines across simultaneous assignments.
To provide the business with the right level of administrative support, he/she/they will be expected to have proven experience in providing a proactive level of support to a senior manager within the public or private sector, and to have significant experience of efficiently managing a large amount of information on a document management system such as Sharepoint or similar, preferably within the property or construction sectors.
We have offices in Manchester and London but as a result of the business adopting a new flexible working policy, the role will be split between home working and office based. Applicants can be based anywhere in the UK, but we’d particularly like to hear from people based in the North West of England given that this would enable the successful candidate to meet more of their colleagues in person on a regular basis.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
- Administrative support for Senior Management Team: preparation and circulation of agendas, document packs / presentations for internal meetings including board meetings and bid presentations / reports; minuting meetings, collating responses as necessary; assisting with preparation of presentations and company literature.
- Ownership of key administrative tasks for the Joint Venture entities and contractual relationships that PSP is party to with public sector bodies and other commercial businesses, including diary management, minute taking for important internal and external meetings and efficient internal and external communication, e.g., ensuring that board / committee papers are issued at least a week in advance of the relevant meetings.
- Responsibility for efficient document control for those JV entities and contractual relationships using the Sharepoint cloud-based document management system, liaising constantly and on a pro-active basis with colleagues and external stakeholders to ensure consistency of approach and delivery to a high standard. Conduct audits, housekeeping and archiving exercises periodically.
- Providing efficient, pro-active and timely administrative support to the senior leadership team i.e., assisting with the production of reports, documents for meetings (both online and in person) and helping the senior leadership team pro-actively track the evolving corporate ‘to do’ list as the business grows and develops.
- Supporting the CFO with the efficient administration of corporate governance, company secretarial and human resources matters with respect to the legal entities within the PSP group.
- Supporting in Business Development activities which could include responsibilities such as events management and attendance as well as CRM related tasks.
- Employee Benefits: assist CFO with the management of life, health insurance and pension arrangements for all employees.
- Managing basic contracts; liaising with suppliers and external providers as required.
- Supporting staff in making travel and accommodation bookings and arrangements when required for attendance at business meetings, ensuring the finance team are provided with all the necessary documentation to support expenditure in line with financial processes.
- Supporting the senior leadership team and other colleagues in efficient liaison with PSP’s outsourced IT service providers where required, taking ownership at times where more intensive communication with the service provider is required and taking responsibility for ensuring IT equipment and software is dealt with appropriately for new starters and leavers.
- Diary management and coordinating appointments for the Senior Management Team; managing meeting rooms if required.
- Office management support: ordering stationery, office supplies and equipment; filing, photocopying and systems administration; providing refreshment/water as required and procuring, as required, professional services and products.
- Potential for occasional travel in the UK.
- Undertake further tasks as reasonably required by management within the overall remit of this role.
- A proven self-starter, genuinely motivated by the opportunity to provide excellent administrative and organisational support for a busy, driven, welcoming and positive senior team in a growing SME with a big future.
- Happy to accept ownership over the role and communicate proactively with colleagues across the business to assist in the achievement of corporate objectives.
- Professional, approachable and collaborative, with the ability to build rapport with and be supportive to all colleagues and stakeholders.
- Able to prioritise multiple tasks whilst maintaining consistency and accuracy and enjoy the variety that this dynamic environment will undoubtedly bring.
- Thinks strategically, can plan ahead and provide contingencies to ensure continuity and business flow when required; uses initiative and thinks on feet to deal effectively with the unexpected/non-routine situations.
- Thrives on the challenge of improving systems to increase business efficiency; possesses commercial acumen.
- Analytical approach to organisation, particularly in respect of document control management and systems; enjoys reviewing current ways of working and finding ways to increase efficiency.
- Takes responsibility for own actions; not afraid of and learns from mistakes.
- Ambition to grow with the business and take advantage of opportunities to develop professionally with the business as it evolves further.
- Discrete and respects confidentiality at all times.
- Professional appearance; represents the Company appropriately and pitched correctly for the occasion.
- Honesty, integrity, transparency, and accountability are characteristics that will help make this role a success and an important part of PSP’s future success.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Mark Ewing, CFO.